Marcel Nelen is deputy head of the division Genome Diagnostics, a clinical laboratory geneticist and head of the Core Genome Analysis Laboratory (CGAL). CGAL is a facility unit specialized in DNA sequencing using automated and innovative high throughput laboratory technologies and workflows.
The team of Marcel Nelen consists of the following people:
- 16 laboratory technicians: 50% of these technicians are working in the Sanger sequencing workflows and 50% is working in the NGS workflows.
- 2 bioinformaticians which are involved in the NGS data analysis and management.
- 2 technicians for maintenance of robotics.
- 1 laboratory manager who supervises this team.
- Innovation for both technology and workflows is supervised by 1 post-doc and 1 system technologist.